Birth and Death Certificates
Birth and death certificates can be obtained at the Macon County Health Department either in person or by mail for those births and deaths occurring in Missouri.
- Complete and sign your Application for a Vital Record form.
- Present identification. Photo ID can include your driver’s license, passport, school ID, work ID, or military ID.
- Review the certificate.
- Click here to obtain the Application for a Vital Record form online.
- Complete and sign the application and have it Notarized.
- Mail your Notarized application and payment to:
Macon County Health Department
503 N. Missouri Street
Macon, MO 63552
Birth certificates are available for those residents born in the State of Missouri on or after 1920. For newborns, please allow 4-6 weeks before applying for a birth certificate. There is a $15.00 fee for each copy.
Death certificates are available for residents who have died in the State of Missouri and only date back to 1980. There is a $14.00 fee for the first copy and then $11.00 per copy when ordering multiple copies at one time.
For out of state birth and death certificates, please contact our office at 660-395-4711 for help in obtaining those records.
State of Missouri Vital Records
Notary Public services are available through the Macon County Health Department Vital Records Department. We are available to notarize documents for a $2.00 charge. Service is at the discretion of the Notary on duty.